Sunday, November 9, 2014

Christmas Blessing Buckets

Hi friends! I hope your weekend has been a wonderful one! Today I've whipped some simple and sweet Christmas favors just like the Thanksgiving pails I made a couple days ago, only this time, they do have the Christmas theme, so I can enter them into the Tombow Altered Christmas Gift Challenge hosted by Debbie Fisher, yay! Her challenge was to alter a dollar store item and these little white pails are 3 for $1 at my Dollar Tree--perfect! When my friend Kathy said she was calling my Thanksgiving favors "blessing buckets" I thought, that's really cute, hehe! So I'm stealing it from her and calling these my Christmas blessing buckets!
I did pretty much the same thing on these that I did for the turkey day pails, only I changed up the flowers and ribbon for festive holiday colors. I wanted to add holly leaves but I didn't have any *insert sad face here* so instead I added a spiral stamen and mini pinecone to each one. Again, I took a few pics showing the process for those who may want to make a few blessing buckets of their own.

Like I mentioned, the white buckets are from the Dollar Tree as well as the white doilies. I stamped the sentiment using the Simon Says Stamps Peace On Earth set. The Tombow MONO Adhesive Dots are used to hold the ribbon and lace in "bow" form and also for the mini pom pom trim along the base of each bucket. The mini pom pom trim, gingham ribbon, lace, flowers and spiral stamens are all from my favorite, Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I am a former designer for RRR and and of course, I love to promote them whenever possible--the current RRR challenge #106 is Winter Holiday and Ribbon Theme. I sure hope you can play along too--the more, the merrier! Also throwing these into the current Pile It On Challenge #45- Special Occasion.
 Add a bit of adhesive here....
And here, to make the bow shapes, then layer the ribbon over the lace
I used my Tombow MONO Liquid Glue to adhere the little sentiments to each bucket. This glue is the bomb dot com! I love it and just an fyi, it's on sale right now for a mere $2.56, nice! 
And finally, a close up of the finished centers
If I didn't make these sound easy, forgive me because they are!! They don't have to be just like mine--play around til you get the look you like. I've found that when you begin to layer ribbon upon lace and flowers upon ribbon, it's hard to go wrong--it always seems to look so pretty! Thanks so much for stopping by and listening to my rambles. And if you make something like these, please be sure to let me know because I'd hate to miss them! Wishing you a creative and very blessed day my friends!

9 comments:

Dana Joy said...

Such a great project. Thanks so much for playing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Diane Noble said...

Gorgeous, Linsey! Would you come decorate my house for Christmas!!! You do such a lovely job with any crafty project. These are so sweet!!! Hugs!

Lisa Lara said...

Christmas ones too Linsey? Wow these are beautiful and so charming.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! These are amazing! I need to ck out the Dollar Tree. Unfortunately it is 1.5 hrs away, but would be worth a road trip!

thank you for playing along in my challenge.

Karen Letchworth said...

These are SO cute and SO SUPER creative, Linsey! They're absolutely beautiful, and I want to thank you for sharing it with us in our challenge. I hope you'll stop by again soon. Have a blessed week,
Karen Letchworth
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Teresa said...

Love these adorable little buckets Linsey! You always make such cute things to share :) Have a good week

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linsey on winning the Debbie Fisher's Dollar Tree Challenge. Love your blessing buckets! :)

Elizabeth Hart said...

I LOVE this project - these little buckets of joy are aadorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Anonymous said...

OH MY STARS these are gorgeous!!!!! I super super super love them : ) But then I love everything you make so that's no surprise right??? Love ya girl!!!!